Exploring recipes, local restaurants, businesses, farms and fun places in and around Atlanta, GA that promote good wholesome food AND that make a gluten intolerant / plant based eater, a meat-eater and two young girls with ever evolving taste HAPPY.

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Roasted cabbage?

Roasted cabbage?  I read about it and thought I would give it a try tonight.  I realized we had a few things in the refrigerator that needed to be eaten, Chad was working late, so it became leftover night.  I chopped up the cabbage, spread it on my new baking sheet, sprayed a VERY light coat of olive oil over the cabbage, and sprinkled a little salt.  I baked the cabbage at 400 for 20 minutes, stirring the cabbage at 10 minutes.  It was DELICIOUS.  Ry, ate half a head of cabbage!  I only chopped up half the head so I had to cut up the other half and bake it.  She actually waited for me to do that.  
Left over quinoa, lentils and Glen Muir Portobello Tomato Sauce was all thrown into a pan, heated and served.  

Blueberries for dessert.

No comments:

Post a Comment