Exploring recipes, local restaurants, businesses, farms and fun places in and around Atlanta, GA that promote good wholesome food AND that make a gluten intolerant / plant based eater, a meat-eater and two young girls with ever evolving taste HAPPY.

Saturday, January 14, 2012

Gluten Free, Vegan Waffles

Ry asked for waffles for breakfast, but we didn't have enough time this morning as we headed out the door to gymnastics. I suggested for our family movie night we could do waffles. She was thrilled! The thought of waffles for dinner, what could be better?

I had this gluten free pancake mix. I was hopeful it would work for waffles. I used apple sauce instead of oil, soy milk instead of milk and 1 TB flax seed with 3 TB warm water to replace the egg. We poured it into our waffle maker and out came delicious, perfect waffles - gluten free and vegan.

Proud moment, I had the weekly container of cut up veggies on the table. Si says "I am full from the waffle but could I have more veggies?". Absolutely!

No comments:

Post a Comment