Exploring recipes, local restaurants, businesses, farms and fun places in and around Atlanta, GA that promote good wholesome food AND that make a gluten intolerant / plant based eater, a meat-eater and two young girls with ever evolving taste HAPPY.

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Sweet Potatoes, Mangos and Black Beans

I like dishes that are sweet, spicy and savory all in one.  Some people do not.  Chad is not a fan, so I made this when he was out of town.  Si  liked it, but I used to much salsa for Ry's taste.  I loved it for dinner and cold the next day for lunch.  Super easy:

  • 1 can drained black beans
  • 2 mangos cut in cubes (or you can use frozen mangos)
  • 1 package of frozen sweet potato cubes from Whole Foods, or you can use sweet potatoes that have been baked and cubed
  • 1/2 -1 jar of Trader Joes' Salsa Verde

I baked the sweet potato cubes in the oven at 350 for about 20 minutes.
Then, I put a poured a thin layer of salsa in a hot saute pan then added the black beans, mangos, and sweet potatoes.  Add salsa to taste and saute for about 10 minutes.

I served the girls on romaine lettuce and I put mine in a bowl over lettuce.  This would be great as a dip with chips, or rolled up in a tortilla or just eaten by its self!




No comments:

Post a Comment