Exploring recipes, local restaurants, businesses, farms and fun places in and around Atlanta, GA that promote good wholesome food AND that make a gluten intolerant / plant based eater, a meat-eater and two young girls with ever evolving taste HAPPY.

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Pink Oatmeal and Grilled Bananas

Gluten Free Oatmeal is a staple in my diet.  I have finally learned to love it without all the sugar I used to add.  My new favorite is adding frozen berries in the last minutes that it is cooking.  It adds a sweetness and of course all the cancer preventing antioxidants that berries have to offer.  I eat this dish hot in the morning, or pack it and eat it cold later.  I actually took this on a plane with me recently.  It was a great, filling meal while traveling.  But as Chad reminds me, oatmeal, no matter how healthy it is, is not for everyone.  He can not even look at oatmeal!  But just to try to convince you, one serving is 190 calories, has 7 grams of protein and 15% of the recommended daily amount of IRON! 

Grilled Bananas?
Yes, so easy, I lightly sprayed olive oil on the flat side of our grill on our stove top.  Sliced the bananas and grilled away. Flip after a few minutes.  The heat brings out even more sweetness in the bananas.  This took less than five minutes and the girls thought it was a decadent dessert.   They were thrilled when I served them for breakfast too!

No comments:

Post a Comment