Exploring recipes, local restaurants, businesses, farms and fun places in and around Atlanta, GA that promote good wholesome food AND that make a gluten intolerant / plant based eater, a meat-eater and two young girls with ever evolving taste HAPPY.

Friday, February 24, 2012

Seriously, what do you REALLY eat?

I get this question a lot.  "Seriously, I know you believe in all that healthy stuff, but what do you really eat on a day by day basis?"  This inspired me to attempt to capture everything my family ate for a week.  The week that I choose I also had another goal - use what I already had in my pantry plus spend $100 during only one trip to the grocery store.  That means, I did not make a lot of fancy new recipes for the week, but tried to stay practical. 
This will be a three part post, breakfast, lunch and dinner.

On to BREAKFAST:

Breakfast is a crazy time, making sure both girls get dressed, have their bags packed, make their lunches, oh and get their breakfast ready.  I wish I could say I planned ahead, made lunches the night before, etc, but I don't.  I just pour a big cup of coffee and get busy.  BTW - breakfast will not include what Chad eats.  He usually has coffee and sometimes a smoothie and nuts.

Monday:
Girls - sliced kiwi, and Trader Joe muffins
Does have added oil
(These muffins are a treat, as they are not vegan or gluten free)
Me: coffee, kiwi and after I ran, I made a smoothie:
1TB flax seed
1 TB Cocoa powder
1/2 cup soy milk
romaine lettuce
carrots
1/2 cup frozen berries
1 frozen banana

Tuesday:
Girls - sliced kiwi, grilled bananas and Udi's GF
bread with chocolate peanut butter
Me - carrots (yes, I really ate carrots for breakfast), oatmeal and an unsweetened soy latte

Wednesday:
Girls: frozen gluten free waffles (Whole Foods) and orange slices
Me: orange slices, TB of walnuts, oatmeal, unsweetened soy latte

Thursday:
Girls: Frozen gluten free waffles, apple slices with peanut butter
Me: apple

Friday:
Girls: slice of Sally's Bakery gluten free, vegan banana bread,
Gluten Free Cereal, see picture
Me: unsweetened soy latte, slice of Sally's banana bread

No comments:

Post a Comment