Exploring recipes, local restaurants, businesses, farms and fun places in and around Atlanta, GA that promote good wholesome food AND that make a gluten intolerant / plant based eater, a meat-eater and two young girls with ever evolving taste HAPPY.

Friday, April 29, 2011

"Best Day EVER" as my youngest would say

Beautiful weather, early morning workout, husband took the girls to school, had my haircut (by an amazing hairstylist, Ritchie at Lather) and then met a friend for lunch.  Cant think of a better way to start the day.

Lunch - one of my favorite places - Super Pan.  I so enjoy their vegan BBQ tofu sandwich on a coconut bun with cabbage and cilantro.  The BBQ sauce is out of this world, spicy with a touch of sweet, accompanied by crystallized sugar on top.  Put that together with cilantro and a soft gooey bread and you have one hell of a sandwich.  Each bite melts in your mouth with a taste that is perfectly balanced between sweet and spicy.  I ate there a couple of times but never asked if the sandwich was officially "vegan".  But I got my nerve up after starting this blog.  I had reasoned with myself, that I would enjoy and eat it either way, but it would be nice to report on my blog that it was vegan.  I almost hugged the guy who was taking my order and who informed me that it was INDEED vegan.  Sweet!  This is another place that a vegan can get an outstanding, satisfying meal and any accompanying meat eater will be equally satisfied with their meal - the rest of the menu has plenty of meat options.
http://www.superpanlatinosandwichshop.com/

After Lunch-  Atlanta Food Trucks at Sweet Auburn Curb Market (will be there every last Friday of the month).  I have been reading about the Atlanta Food Truck movement in Atlanta and could not wait to check them out.  These creative entrepreneurs are trying to bring a concept to Atlanta that many other cities already get to experience.  For some reason, our city laws are not conducive to this business.  To learn more go to http://www.atlantastreetfood.com/.  (I wont pretend to understand it.)  But in the meantime you can check these food trucks out at certain times and locations.  On to my experience - really fun, happy energy as everyone lined up to try exciting food.  The first sign I saw was inspiring, they were selling tamales, and the first type to sell out was the vegetarian.  Go veggie!

Farm Mobile was another cool concept - a truck filled with local farmer's good.  I walked into the truck to do my shopping - organic bok choy and H&F Bread company loaf of bread.
www.grassfedcow.com/farmmobile.html

One food truck I was most interested in finding was Grace's Goodness.  I stumbled upon her site and immediately was drawn to her philosophy: "Grace’s Goodness was founded on the notion that honest, healthy, local food should be accessible to all."  Love it.  And, I found her.  She was full of goodness and fun energy - she had amazing vegan hummus, and homemade pimento cheese (not vegan).  I will be tracking her down again soon to refill my mason jars.  http://www.gracesgoodness.com/  Husband and both girls enjoyed the pimento cheese.

Good Food was another truck that I cant wait to try out.  We had already eaten lunch, but I cant wait to find them again and try one of their waffle cones filled with indian fare.
BEST day EVER!!
http://goodfoodtruckatl.com/

1 comment:

  1. this is great!!! thanks for sending me the link. :) i've wondered about that whole food truck thing too!

    ReplyDelete