Exploring recipes, local restaurants, businesses, farms and fun places in and around Atlanta, GA that promote good wholesome food AND that make a gluten intolerant / plant based eater, a meat-eater and two young girls with ever evolving taste HAPPY.

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Fast Food Find

I may have won the best wife award today.  As we were driving back from Birmingham, after seeing our favorite band (WSP), I asked my husband to keep driving and get off on the Moreland exit.  He was in for a surprise.  I directed him to Glenwood and Moreland and asked him to pull into a CHICKEN SAUSAGE fast food stand called Delias.  He thought I had lost my mind.  Delia's is fast food, but made with fresh, handcrafted locally sourced ingredients including the chicken, and buns from H&F bread company.  But, the real reason I checked out a fast food place is that every biscuit and slinger has a vegetarian or VEGAN option.  Seriously!  My husband was in heaven, and I had great options too. He said his chicken biscuit was amazing.  I ordered the Gunn Slinger with outstanding guacamole, salsa, jalapeno slices and vegan sausage.  The bread and toppings were amazing, truly "handcrafted".  I tried the vegan sausage, and for vegan sausage it was good, but for me, I really just dont like any of the "vegan" meats.  I took the sausage off and enjoyed the guacamole and salsa sandwich.  So if you are a vegan and want to make a meat eater really, really happy - Take them to Delias and you can enjoy your meal too. 

Score - a fast food restaurant with healthy options in ATLANTA!!

No comments:

Post a Comment