Exploring recipes, local restaurants, businesses, farms and fun places in and around Atlanta, GA that promote good wholesome food AND that make a gluten intolerant / plant based eater, a meat-eater and two young girls with ever evolving taste HAPPY.

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Involving the Girls...

The Girls' Creation!

Adult Dinner!
As a reluctant cook, it stresses me out even more to have my little ones "help".  But with my intent to make food fun, I have decided to involve the girls more.  The girls absolutely love a recipe one night, then  a week later and they hate it.  As I was thinking of what to make for dinner and they told me my idea were awful, I began to tell them about my new website - Veggin Around.  I asked if they would like to help me with the site and if they could create a recipe.  The response was an overwhelming "Yes".   My littlest immediately began:  "I would like a plate full of pasta, then lettuce on top then FRESH tomatoes."  Fresh in her definition are large red tomatoes sliced horizontally.  She doesnt know that not all tomatoes are fresh :)  I immediately began- I sauteed fresh spinach and tomatoes with a little veggie broth, salt and pepper.  Cooked up some pasta,  threw that in with the spinach and tomatoes and added some pine nuts I had laying around.  Fabulous.  For my daughters, I gave them plates of pasta, laid out the spinach and tomatoes and let them build their creation.  (They did not want their veggies cooked.)  This was a super simple recipe that EVERYONE devoured!  (My husband did add a piece of grilled chicken.)

No comments:

Post a Comment