Exploring recipes, local restaurants, businesses, farms and fun places in and around Atlanta, GA that promote good wholesome food AND that make a gluten intolerant / plant based eater, a meat-eater and two young girls with ever evolving taste HAPPY.

Saturday, April 23, 2011

One of my favorite lunch places

The other day I found myself driving around Atlanta running a lot of necessary but mindless errands after a pretty hard workout that morning.   I realized I was starving, not the kind of oh, I can get a quick smoothie and be fine, or maybe a nice salad.  I wanted something that would sustain me and that was really, really good.  I knew exactly - the veggin out sandwich at Lotta Frutta in the Old Forth Ward.  I was on the other side of town but drove all the way there to get this amazing sandwich.  I asked them to leave off the cheese, and I have them replace the sprouts with micro greens.  It has an amazing creamy avocado spread, and tomatoes, toasted like a panni and the bread is out of this world.  Note - I have not asked if the bread is vegan - will do so on next trip.  But regardless this sandwich is amazing.  And, you can't beat the atmosphere, fun people, bright colors and a place I love to hang out and enjoy my food.  As an added bonus - creative smoothies and fruit cups to complement the sandwich.  My husband, and one daughter approve also.

No comments:

Post a Comment