Exploring recipes, local restaurants, businesses, farms and fun places in and around Atlanta, GA that promote good wholesome food AND that make a gluten intolerant / plant based eater, a meat-eater and two young girls with ever evolving taste HAPPY.

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Microwave or not to microwave?

I dont know...  That is such a big debate, I wont go into the reasons microwaves may or may not be harmful.  (Just search the web)  But I do know, I want to promote whole, healthy unprocessed food.  And, every time I use our microwave I definitely dont "feel" good about it.  For some reason, I just cant break the quick and easy habit with our microwave sitting in our kitchen.  So, I went out and bought a convection toaster oven.  (We did not have any type of toaster.)  I finally pulled our microwave out of its built in cabinet and got it to our counter top where I had to leave it until my husband could take it to our basement.  I was able to fit the new toaster oven into the same space.  Voila!  No more microwave.  Now to discuss the decision with my husband :)!  He was up for trying life without a microwave.  Unfortunately it was still on our counter top the next morning when he got up to fix oatmeal for our girls.  Hilarious moment when I walked down that morning to see the microwave busy heating up said oatmeal, and husbands guilty face!  Afterwards he did take it to the basement, and so far we have not missed it.
Oatmeal is now prepared on the stove top.


BEFORE
AFTER

1 comment:

  1. oh my gosh! I was just reading into this. I go back and forth on that stinking thing. my husband thinks i'm nuts because i won't let anybody stand near it. :) but that isn't the only reason he thinks i'm nuts!

    ReplyDelete