Exploring recipes, local restaurants, businesses, farms and fun places in and around Atlanta, GA that promote good wholesome food AND that make a gluten intolerant / plant based eater, a meat-eater and two young girls with ever evolving taste HAPPY.

Thursday, May 5, 2011

One week without microwave

Really, it hasnt been that bad.  Actually, I havent realized it was gone until this morning.  I needed to quickly heat up a muffin for my daughter before we headed to the busstop.  And, I needed to re-heat her burrito to take to lunch.  At 7am trying to fix my coffee, her breakfast and lunch so we could get out the door and suddenly realizing no microwave - was not a good way to start the day.  Panic ensued, but I stuck the burrito and 2 muffins in our new toaster.  Less than 10 minutes all were ready to be eaten (or packed.)  So not as bad as I thought, but yes, a lot quicker in a microwave!

1 comment:

  1. I have gone microwave free too!!! I reheated my coffee in a pan on the stove.

    ReplyDelete