Exploring recipes, local restaurants, businesses, farms and fun places in and around Atlanta, GA that promote good wholesome food AND that make a gluten intolerant / plant based eater, a meat-eater and two young girls with ever evolving taste HAPPY.

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Second Trip to the food trucks - Midtown Thursdays

Am I becoming a groupie?  I love the energy around these food trucks in Atlanta.  I still dont know why in the world Atlanta is making their existence so difficult.  I went to the trucks at 15th and Peachtree at the Woodruff Arts Center.  A band was playing for Cinco de Mayo and the crowds were gathering.  I had a delicious vegan quinoa salad with snap peas from Souper Jenny's truck.  And, I tried a chocolate cupcake from the Yum Yum Cupcake truck.  I cant resist a PINK truck selling cupcakes, with "Yum Yum" written on the side.  (No it wasn't vegan, but it was GOOD).
I drove passed 10th street and saw crowds, I was bummed to find out I missed the Miller Union pop up stand at 10th.  I would have loved to see what those guys were serving up.
Only so much good food one can eat at lunch.

To learn more:
http://www.atlantastreetfood.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment