Exploring recipes, local restaurants, businesses, farms and fun places in and around Atlanta, GA that promote good wholesome food AND that make a gluten intolerant / plant based eater, a meat-eater and two young girls with ever evolving taste HAPPY.

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Hilarious - Vegan winning BBQ

So my excitement over the Food Trucks shot through the roof when I got a call this week that I had WON something in the raffle.  Last Thursday I bought 2 raffle tickets to raise money for the Atlanta Street Food Coalition.  (NOTE: I have NEVER, ever, won anything (except arguments)).  I felt like it was really my calling to support this cause, I mean the first time I ever won anything was supporting them, right?  Well, I heard that I won a gift certificate, but I kind of spaced out when they told me from whom.  Imagine my surprise when I opened the envelope today to $70 worth of BBQ!!!!  No, there are no vegan options, this was the real deal BBQ.  Now, I am not mentioning their name, because I am sure they are fabulous, and I am grateful for receiving free food - and I now have my husband's birthday gift :)
But how ironic that I won $70 worth of BBQ??

!!

No comments:

Post a Comment