Exploring recipes, local restaurants, businesses, farms and fun places in and around Atlanta, GA that promote good wholesome food AND that make a gluten intolerant / plant based eater, a meat-eater and two young girls with ever evolving taste HAPPY.

Saturday, August 20, 2011

Quick Dinner to use the my goodies from Natures Garden Delivered

 Salad
  • Lettuce
  • toasted almonds and sunflower seeds
  • sliced peaches
  • dried cranberries
  • Dressing - I like just a little balsamic vinegar but you could add any light dressing - lemon, vinegar, agave - pre-made dressing, etc

 Squash Casserole
  • 2 squash sliced
  • 1/2 vidala onion sliced
  • 1 tablespoon vegan sour cream (I used tofutti)
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • Gluten free bread crumbs sprinkled on top - you can buy these at Wholefoods or I made my own with Udi's GF bread
I mixed all the incredients, put in a small casserole dish and sprinkled the bread crumbs on top.  I cooked at 425 degrees for about 15 minutes.  Quick, easy, and delicious.

Both these dishes were very spur of the moment yesterday afternoon using the produce I had left in the kitchen. Because I am not cooking today!!!  Enjoy your Saturday.


No comments:

Post a Comment