Exploring recipes, local restaurants, businesses, farms and fun places in and around Atlanta, GA that promote good wholesome food AND that make a gluten intolerant / plant based eater, a meat-eater and two young girls with ever evolving taste HAPPY.

Monday, August 8, 2011

Trail Mix

I think my real motive is that I want to eat a lot of chocolate today - my youngest started kindergarten this morning, I was so proud of both of my girls  getting on the school bus, but it was also incredibly hard seeing both my babies leave on that big bus.  Thus, I turn to chocolate to  ease the pain!  So, I came up with a little snack - 1/4 of a cup of each of the following -
dried cranberries
pistachios
vegan dark chocolate chips
toasted pumpkin seeds (I did this in my toaster oven, a little salt sprinkled over 350 degrees for about 8 minutes)
I mixed them all together - beginner mistake - I put the hot pumpkin seeds in the mixture, which melted the chocolate and made a huge chocolatey mess.  So I then spread out the mixture and put it in the frig for a little while to cool. I am hoping they will separate more like trail mix.  But I believe my concoction will actually be more like trail bites. Little clumps of goodness!

Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment