Exploring recipes, local restaurants, businesses, farms and fun places in and around Atlanta, GA that promote good wholesome food AND that make a gluten intolerant / plant based eater, a meat-eater and two young girls with ever evolving taste HAPPY.

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Purple Potato Dinner

Because Ry loved the tofu so much the other night, I made it again the very next night.  But guess what?  Nope, she wouldn't touch it.  Oh well.  So, the menu included tofu (with tahini and GF soy sauce) a stir fry and purple potatoes!  The stir fry consisted of what I had in my frig - broccoli, boc choy and zucchini.  I marinade the veggies in
1/4 cup veggie broth (I use organic / low sodium)
2 TBS GF soy sauce
2 TBS Rice Wine Vinegar
1/2 TBS agave syrup
and I chopped up a jalepeno - I stirred all of this together, poured it over the veggies in a zip lock bag and let it all marinade until I was ready.  Then just threw it all into a hot pan and stirred it up!

The Peruvian Purple potatoes - I have not perfected this yet, but I boiled the peeled potatoes until they were tender (10 minutes).  Then put them in a bowl with 1 TBS vegan sour cream, 1 TBS of lime juice and a handful of thinly chopped cilantro.  Salt and pepper to taste.  Next time I will add more sour cream and lime juice and a lot more salt and pepper.  I mixed all of this together with my hand mixer.  But I can tell I am getting close to the perfect purple potato recipe.  Purple potatoes are fun to eat and LOADED with amazing nutrients such as the antioxidant, anthocyanin which has been shown to boast ones immunity and aid in the prevention of cancer.  Added bonus, when you pour the lime juice on the potatoes (if you have children let them watch) they will change to another brilliant shade of purple!

No comments:

Post a Comment