Exploring recipes, local restaurants, businesses, farms and fun places in and around Atlanta, GA that promote good wholesome food AND that make a gluten intolerant / plant based eater, a meat-eater and two young girls with ever evolving taste HAPPY.

Friday, August 26, 2011

Throw it all together??

What do I do with this?
Friday - lunchtime.  I do not plan to cook until Sunday, but I do have one roma tomato, one avocado, one zucchini, red potatoes, and a jalapeno left over from our Natures Garden Delivered box.  I really hate to see produce go to waste.  So -  I peeled and chopped the potatoes up, sliced the zucchini, and laid those out on a baking sheet with a little spray olive oil on the sheet, salt and pepper.  I baked at 400 for about 20 minutes, then roasted them for a few minutes. 
Meanwhile, chopped up the tomato and avocado and jalapeno.   I try not to use a lot of imitation products, but a little every once in awhile does help a recipe.  I put one big tablespoon of vegan sour cream, a little less than a tablespoon of lime, the minced seeded jalapeno, salt and pepper in a small bowl and mixed together for the dressing.
Once the potatoes and zuchinni came out of the oven and cooled, I put them in a bowl with the avocado, tomatoes, and mixed with the dressing.   - Throwing stuff together worked! (This time!)  Great lunch.



Baked the potatoes and zucchini
Voila!




No comments:

Post a Comment