Exploring recipes, local restaurants, businesses, farms and fun places in and around Atlanta, GA that promote good wholesome food AND that make a gluten intolerant / plant based eater, a meat-eater and two young girls with ever evolving taste HAPPY.

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

My Frozen Coffee Drink!

After much tinkering, I finally have a breakfast / pick me up / frozen coffee drink that I like.
I first fix a cup of coffee - I use Aurora Coffee Seattle Espresso beans.  I put that in the freezer to chill while I add the rest to the blender:
  • 1 frozen banana
  • 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut milk
  • 1/2 tsp agave syrup (I dont like mine very sweet, add more if needed)
  • 1 scoop of vanilla vegan powder (see picture below)
  • 1 cup of crushed ice
  • Add my chilled cup of coffee and blend away
This is the perfect way to start my day: with protein, fruit, caffeine, cold, creamy and delicious!
Tip - I always keep a bag of frozen bananas in the freezer for snacks and smoothies



I get this at WholeFoods - I only use one scoop per smoothie / drink

No comments:

Post a Comment