Exploring recipes, local restaurants, businesses, farms and fun places in and around Atlanta, GA that promote good wholesome food AND that make a gluten intolerant / plant based eater, a meat-eater and two young girls with ever evolving taste HAPPY.

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Gluten Free / Vegan Muffins

I awoke this morning craving muffins -  I walked down to MetroFresh but unfortunately I got there during the one hour a day they are closed!  So, I upon my return I remembered that I just bought a gluten free muffin mix at Whole Foods made by Namaste.  I combined the Namaste mix with:
  • 1 cup of water
  • 1/8 cup of apple sauce
  • 1/8 cup of oil (I use grapeseed oil)
  • 2 TBS of ground flax seed with 6 TBS warm water (mix and let this sit for 2 minutes)
  • a handful of vegan dark chocolate chips
  • a handful of dried cranberries
  • I baked according to the directions on the Namaste package
Result - delicious, sweet, dense, moist muffins!

No comments:

Post a Comment