Exploring recipes, local restaurants, businesses, farms and fun places in and around Atlanta, GA that promote good wholesome food AND that make a gluten intolerant / plant based eater, a meat-eater and two young girls with ever evolving taste HAPPY.

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Amazing meal in Highlands, NC

I am pretty confident that  I can find something vegan to order at most restaurants.  Sometimes it takes a little creativity, but I rarely find it overly challenging.  Now that I have added an extra layer of complexity - vegan and gluten free - I find dining out a LOT more difficult.  But when the chef smiles at the challenge and doesn't roll his or her eyes, I know I am in for a treat.  So it was Friday night in Highlands, NC at Lakeside Restaurant. (www.lakesiderestaurant.info/)  The Chef and Owner, Marty came out, and I told him my obstacles, and he said no problem.  I had the most scrumptious variety of veggies embolden with a hint of curry and simply, an amazing taste.  My tastebuds were delighted, and the mix of vegetables was filling and satisfying.  I could not put my fork down.

No comments:

Post a Comment