Exploring recipes, local restaurants, businesses, farms and fun places in and around Atlanta, GA that promote good wholesome food AND that make a gluten intolerant / plant based eater, a meat-eater and two young girls with ever evolving taste HAPPY.

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Thursday Lentils!

Well - home late after the girls' guitar and piano  classes, they are "starving". I am determined to make KP's lentils. But I dont have time to find the recipe. Off the top of my head, and lots of Trader Joe's ingredients, I actually prepared a dish that 3/4 of us liked.
  • 1 box of Trader Joe lentils (in the refrigerated section)
  • 1 can roasted tomatoes
  • about a cup of frozen artichoke hearts
  • juice of 1/2 of a lemon
  • 1/2 TBS cumin
  • 1 cup of already cooked quinoa (I had this left over and threw it in)
  • salt and pepper to taste

Threw all of this in one big pot at the same time, stirred and cooked until simmering.  (about 10 minutes)
I put some of the plain lentils in a separate pot for the girls.  They said they didnt want lentils and tomatoes, in fact they no longer liked lentils.  (Funny with babysitters, they love lentils)  So, I put plain lentils with salt, a sliced peach and lettuce with their favorite dressing on their plate.  I did give S some of the lentil and tomato recipe I made.  They both cleaned their plates.  Finally - Ry ate SOMETHING.  Chad loved the dish, and of course I loved it as well.  So, this is SUPER EASY, and delicious.  S asked for it in her lunchbox tomorrow.  Done!

No comments:

Post a Comment