Exploring recipes, local restaurants, businesses, farms and fun places in and around Atlanta, GA that promote good wholesome food AND that make a gluten intolerant / plant based eater, a meat-eater and two young girls with ever evolving taste HAPPY.

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Mary McDougall's Green Thai Curry

Everyone enjoyed dinner tonight!

 
I loosely followed Mary McDougall's recipe but did a very quick version.  I cheated and bought Trader Joe's Asian Stir Fry mix and threw in a few more chopped veggies I had on hand. I also used Trader Joe's frozen organic brown rice.  I started with a 1/4 cup of veggie broth to saute the veggies and rice (I omitted the garlic).
Then I mixed a 1/2 cup of rice milk and a 1/2 tsp of coconut extract with 1 TB of green curry paste and a little tamari sauce and poured this over the veggies and rice.  I let this simmer for 5-10 minutes. This dinner took me no time at all, and for some reason everyone liked it much better than the first time I made it.  I did pull out some veggies before I put the curry paste in for Ry.  The curry is just too hot for her.  I served this with some rice noodles on the side.  Chad grilled a piece of chicken to go with his dinner.
Si even took leftovers for lunch today.  Score!

No comments:

Post a Comment