Exploring recipes, local restaurants, businesses, farms and fun places in and around Atlanta, GA that promote good wholesome food AND that make a gluten intolerant / plant based eater, a meat-eater and two young girls with ever evolving taste HAPPY.

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Overwhelmed? Here Are Some of My Favorite Resources:

 I have realized lately I am completely overwhelmed with the amount of information I am receiving daily.  Between the emails, blogs, facebook, twitter and now pinterest I can not keep up with it all.  I love reading about nutrition and recipes, but there is only so much I can absorb.  And, how do I sort through it all to simply find something to cook for dinner??

So, I started thinking, what are the cookbooks, websites, and blogs that I go to most often?

These are the cookbooks in my kitchen that have the most highlights, notes and food stains- very telling of their popularity:

Cookbooks

Fork Over Knives Companion Book

Everyday Happy Herbivore 

The Happy Herbivore

Appetite for Reduction
 

Recipes Online

Mary McDougall's Newsletter Recipe Index

Fat Free Vegan

Engine 2

Happy Herbivore

There are a TON of other websites / blogs and great places to go for recipes, but these 4 all have low fat, plant-based, delicious recipes.  If you want to narrow down your search - stick with these 4, you should be able to find any kind of plant-based recipe you need!

Very easy to make them gluten free.  Just remember to use tamari for soy sauce, gluten free noodles and gluten free flour!

Blogs

This is the primary source of my information overload.  I receive emails, blog and facebook post from all of the recipe websites I just mentioned, and the websites listed below for plant based nutrition.  They are all great, and I dont know which ones to eliminate.  (I am in the process of unsubscribing from all but those listed here.)
One more to add to the list:  Oh She Glows has gorgeous photography and amazing recipes. 

Oh She Glows


Websites for Plant Based Nutrition Information
I follow all of the people below on facebook, twitter and their blogs:

Dr. McDougall

Engine 2

Colin Campbell Foundation

PCRM 

Rich Roll

Jeff Novick 

Dr. Pam Popper

Dr. Fuhrman's 

Vegsource




No comments:

Post a Comment