Exploring recipes, local restaurants, businesses, farms and fun places in and around Atlanta, GA that promote good wholesome food AND that make a gluten intolerant / plant based eater, a meat-eater and two young girls with ever evolving taste HAPPY.

Sunday, October 28, 2012

Lettuce Wraps

Recently, a friend was telling me that her girls loved to make their own lettuce wraps for dinner.  The other night I was looking in our refrigerator and realized we had a few left overs that needed to be consumed.  When I spotted the new head of romaine lettuce, my friend's idea popped into my head.  I had left over lentils and a quinoa / millet mix along with an open bottle of marinara sauce (I use Muir Glens) in the frig.  So, I threw it all into a pot and let them simmer.  I then sauteed mushrooms and peppers with a little water and tamari sauce.  I put the mushrooms and peppers in their own little bowls.  I put romaine lettuce with the lentil mixture on everyone's plates.  Everyone created their own lettuce wraps with the lentils, mushrooms and peppers.  It still amazes me how much the girls enjoy dinner when they "fix" it themselves!  Such a simple, delicious dinner!



No comments:

Post a Comment