Exploring recipes, local restaurants, businesses, farms and fun places in and around Atlanta, GA that promote good wholesome food AND that make a gluten intolerant / plant based eater, a meat-eater and two young girls with ever evolving taste HAPPY.

Friday, November 2, 2012

Yummy Burritos

On Halloween night, I wanted to get some healthy food in the girl's bellies before we headed out for trick or treating.  Somehow on this busy afternoon, I came up with a new recipe for a delicious, healthy burrito. 

I had left over kale salad, whole wheat tortillas, a box of black beans, salsa and potatoes.  I peeled and cut up the potatoes into small pieces and baked them at 400 for about 25 minutes.  The drained black beans were mixed with Trader Joe's salsa verde.  I then drained this mixture (it was too watery from the salsa) and added the roasted potatoes.  I made a bowl of this mixture for my dinner, as I can not eat the whole wheat tortillas.  I put a layer of the kale salad on each of the tortillas and added the bean, potato mix, then rolled them up and put them in a baking dish.  I topped each burrito with a little salsa and baked them at 350 for 15 minutes.  If you dont have time to bake them, the burritos would be great without this added step.  You can also use gluten free tortillas or corn tortillas.  Although,  I enjoyed my burrito bowl without the tortilla.  I served the burritos with orange cauliflower, for Halloween!

Everyone loved dinner.  I actually got the girls to EAT before they got their sugar overload.





No comments:

Post a Comment