Exploring recipes, local restaurants, businesses, farms and fun places in and around Atlanta, GA that promote good wholesome food AND that make a gluten intolerant / plant based eater, a meat-eater and two young girls with ever evolving taste HAPPY.

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Salad Dressing that Chad Liked!

Sunday afternoon Chad suggested we grill out veggies for dinner. Yes, he did grill out meat as well, but it was exciting to have his input on a veggie dinner.  I bought asparagus, zucchini, onions, mushrooms and peppers for dinner.  I chopped them up  and tossed them with a little gluten free teriyaki sauce.  Chad has one of those grill baskets for the veggies, so it was super easy.  I made a salad with romaine lettuce, carrots, cucumbers and black-eyed peas.

Salad dressings are always a challenge.  Very rarely do I find one that both Chad and I like.  Or should I say, that meets my dietary requirements (no oil) and that Chad likes.  I saw a recipe in my Everyday Happy Herbivore and adapted it.  We both liked it!

Ingredients:
2 TB Stone Ground Mustard
1 TB Trader Joe's White Balsamic Vinegar
1 TB Red Wine Vinegar
3 TB Water
a touch of honey, agave syrup or brown rice syrup

Whisk and ingredients and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment