Exploring recipes, local restaurants, businesses, farms and fun places in and around Atlanta, GA that promote good wholesome food AND that make a gluten intolerant / plant based eater, a meat-eater and two young girls with ever evolving taste HAPPY.

Sunday, December 25, 2011

More GF / Vegan Goodies

Granola -Take Two
I've been reading a lot of granola recipes trying to come up with the perfect healthy granola. Sorry to those who received my first batch. This one was much better!
Preheat oven to 320 and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. In a big bowl mix the wet ingredients:
3/4 c pumpkin purée
2 TBS apple sauce
1/2 c date sugar
1 TBS vanilla
2 tsp. pumpkin spice
Then add dry ingredients:
3 c GF oats
1 c pistachios
1 c walnuts
Mix well and spread on baking sheet. Bake for 30 minutes stirring once.
Add 1-2 c of dried fruit, I uses raisins and cranberries. Bake for another 5-10 minutes. Let cool and put in an air tight container!

Brownie Bites
I made these wonderful no bake brownies - to me, they seemed more like truffles.  They do call for honey, but you can use brown rice syrup instead to make them vegan.  My omnivore friends  loved these as much as I did!  Super easy to make.

No comments:

Post a Comment