Exploring recipes, local restaurants, businesses, farms and fun places in and around Atlanta, GA that promote good wholesome food AND that make a gluten intolerant / plant based eater, a meat-eater and two young girls with ever evolving taste HAPPY.

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Quick Healthy Dinner

Trader Joes seaweed snacks - I had no idea these would be such a hit in my house, but Ry can eat an entire package in one sitting!  So, last night, I prepared a healthy salad - spinach, carrots, avocado, pumpkin seeds and sprinkled the crunchy seaweed on top.   It was spicy, crunchy, and had lots of flavor.  I used a light, light lemon vinaigrette to top it off.  So healthy!  Chad did not try but S and I loved it. 

Mine and the girls dinner was super simple but good.  Brown rice, black beans, this salad and seaweed on the side.  (Chad brought home BBQ).  I promise I do try to include him in meals, sometimes though I just strike out!







Pumpkin seeds have become my new obsession.  Read what this website has to say about them "natures almost perfect food"!
http://health.learninginfo.org/herbs/pumpkin-seeds.htm

And seaweed - "all of the minerals required by humans are present" see more at:
http://health.learninginfo.org/seaweed-benefits.htm


Impressive - I want to eat perfect foods and ones that contain so many great nutrients.  And, they taste good too!

No comments:

Post a Comment