Exploring recipes, local restaurants, businesses, farms and fun places in and around Atlanta, GA that promote good wholesome food AND that make a gluten intolerant / plant based eater, a meat-eater and two young girls with ever evolving taste HAPPY.

Monday, July 11, 2011

Denver - to be exact it was 52 hours not 48 hours

So Denver - Day 3 - At the pool party the day before, I was told about a vegan restaurant, Watercourse.
http://watercoursefoods.com/  After a wonderful jog with Chad along Cherry Creek, we packed up and went to find Watercourse.  I believe it is in the Capitol Hill neighborhood.  Once again, I thought I was in heaven, right on the menu- tons of vegan / gluten free options.  But of course the true test, is can Chad and I both enjoy a meal here??  There were literally so many things I wanted to try I didn't know where to start.  I ended up ordering two breakfast entrees AND a coconut milk/ cacao / banana smoothie.  Since going gluten free I have not had any pancakes.  I did not eat pancakes often before, but when I realized I could not have them, I seemed to think about them more!  They had gluten free / vegan pancakes on the menu - those were ordered along with a tofu scramble.  It was AMAZING.  The smoothie was more like a milkshake, the pancakes were perfect and the tofu scramble had more taste than any scramble I have had.  The tofu had peanut butter in it - sounds weird, but it worked.  The tofu also had broccoli and artichoke hearts, served with GF corn tortillas and potatoes.

















Chad's meal before
 Now - did Chad enjoy this vegetarian restaurant???
Chad's meal after
INDEED.  Best biscuit he said he has ever had.






I finished the smoothie and tofu, but wrapped up the pancakes to take on the plane.  Then, we headed out to find Watercourse's BAKERY.  A few blocks away is their bakery, and next door is City o City where they sell and serve their bakery products, coffee and breakfast.  I walked into find a case filled with vegan treats!  And, gluten free muffins, cupcakes, keylime pie, and chocolate peanut butter pie. All VEGAN/ GF - are you kidding.  After much consternation I decided only the muffins would survive the plane ride. So I bought their 2 remaining GF muffins.  They were incredible.

Filled to the brim and carrying a bag of gluten free treats we got on the plane and headed back to ATL.

No comments:

Post a Comment