Exploring recipes, local restaurants, businesses, farms and fun places in and around Atlanta, GA that promote good wholesome food AND that make a gluten intolerant / plant based eater, a meat-eater and two young girls with ever evolving taste HAPPY.

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

I am a little obsessed with MetroFresh

Unfortunately for my bank account but fortunately for my taste-buds I signed up for the MetroFresh daily emails.  I used to pop into MetroFresh not knowing what was on the menu (menu changes daily).  But now that I get the fun, entertaining email everyday, my trips to MetroFresh are getting out of control.  

Remember my delight with the saying right on the menu of Root Down on my recent trip to Denver?  If not - here you go:
At Root Down we pride ourselves on striving to solve the ‘Omnivore’s Dilemma.’ We have created a dining spot where all dietary needs will be accommodated, including vegetarian, vegan, raw and gluten free; also allergies or intolerances are always handled professionally by the kitchen team.


I realized during my second trip to MetroFresh today that they have incorporated this philosophy exactly.  Everyday they offer something vegan and gluten free - now maybe there is only one option - BUT there is always an option.  And, I have seen as many as 5 vegan, gluten free options offered.  That is quite impressive.  And, down right thrilling.  So, when I anxiously open the email everyday, I almost feel obligated to go pick up some of their delicious, creative, unique vegan, gluten free soups and salads.  The combinations they put together are so amazing, and sometimes so unusual I have to try them.  I feel like each soup and salad has been created with a lot of thought, love of good tasting food and great consideration into what is healthy and in season.  I am seriously addicted.   This morning I stopped by with the girls and picked up fruit salad and yummy gluten free banana blueberry muffins.  The girls would not share their fruit with me!  They each ate an entire bowl.  So, I did not share my muffin with them :)  While I was there, I saw the lunch, so I had to go back to pick up chilled SPICY white grape soup - see what I mean on unique??  And, the Lady Pea, sweet corn, with artichoke hearts and baby spinach salad.  I ate it all - my taste-buds celebrated with every bite.

Now the really fun part - if someone frequents MetroFresh who is not a vegan nor GF, I would bet they dont think of the restaurant as a "vegetarian" place - it is not crunchy at all and always has several great meat, poultry or fish options.  This is place is truly solving the "Omnivore's Dilemma" right here in Midtown, Atlanta in a clean, trendy, beautiful spot. 

Embarrassingly, I will be returning to MetroFresh a 3rd time today - I left the grilled blackened chicken that Ry had requested during my second trip.  Ry is a very picky eater, so when her eyes lite up this morning when she saw the chicken, I had to get it for her.  Yes, sometimes she eats chicken - and I will buy it for her from MetroFresh - I just cant / wont cook it myself :)
http://www.metrofreshatl.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment