Exploring recipes, local restaurants, businesses, farms and fun places in and around Atlanta, GA that promote good wholesome food AND that make a gluten intolerant / plant based eater, a meat-eater and two young girls with ever evolving taste HAPPY.

Friday, June 1, 2012

OMG - Engine 2

Have you heard of Rip Esselstyn?  Or Engine 2?  Well if you have not, check out his website:
http://engine2diet.com/

Rip is a huge plant based advocate.  He deems it "plant strong", which once you see him and read about him, you will know he is indeed strong.  His book is inspiring, easy to read and is a well laid out explanation as to why you should follow a plant strong diet and how to do it.  Great recipes are the cherry on top.
I have seen Rip speak and he is even more inspiring in person.  I also admire is athleticism, it brings to light that you can be a world class athlete on a plant strong diet.
To say I am a big fan is an understatement.  So, today when I saw Engine 2's tweet featuring a story about Allyson's plant strong family, I was more than thrilled.  I submitted a piece about how I am trying to raise two plant strong girls.  Please check out my story featured on the Engine 2 blog:

http://engine2diet.com/the-daily-beet/family-friday-allysons-family/

And, READ his BOOK!!

1 comment:

  1. awesome!!!
    Saw your big girl tonight. She tugged on my skirt and said: "Hi! You know that famous vegan man? He wrote about my mom!!". She was so excited and genuinely proud of you (I couldn't wait to get home and look on your blog). I asked if you were there because I thought you'd crack up at my dinner plate (hamburger toppings) and she said: "oh she's out wearing a wig tonight" and ran off. Too cute. GREAT job!

    ReplyDelete