Exploring recipes, local restaurants, businesses, farms and fun places in and around Atlanta, GA that promote good wholesome food AND that make a gluten intolerant / plant based eater, a meat-eater and two young girls with ever evolving taste HAPPY.

Thursday, June 28, 2012

I LOVE LA Day 2...

So, where was I?  Day two afternoon - we switched rooms from a regular room to a suite, because we were hosting a cocktail party that evening in our room.  Accordingly, we "needed" this larger space with an enormous balcony overlooking LA.  This switch rendered us homeless for a few hours so we spent our time by the pool.


Beet Quinoa Salad
The menu indicated very few options for vegan / gluten free meals.  So, I apprehensively called room service by the pool.  I explained my dietary requirements and look what they brought me:

























That evening before our cocktail party, I was nervous that the appetizer trays we ordered would not have much to fill me up.  (I was wrong).  But I ordered from another favorite, Real Food Daily and had dinner delivered to our room.   Gluten free, vegan enchiladas.  Ohhh, sooo good.

And, then came the party trays:



Yep, I had a full belly to enjoy my champagne.


The cocktail party was a huge success.  Chad mingled with clients and friends, I was able to catch up with grad school friends.  We ended the night at Bar Marmont.




















No comments:

Post a Comment