Exploring recipes, local restaurants, businesses, farms and fun places in and around Atlanta, GA that promote good wholesome food AND that make a gluten intolerant / plant based eater, a meat-eater and two young girls with ever evolving taste HAPPY.

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Gluten Free Vegan Brownies

My father-in-law brought us a new gluten free, dairy free chocolate brownie mix to try!  Dolci Di Maria out of Asheville, NC.  I loved that it is from Asheville, I liked the packaging, and the whole food ingredients - but what would the taste be like?  It called for oil, which I replaced with apple sauce, and two eggs which I replaced with 2 TB ground flax seed mixed with 6 TB warm water.  This made the brownies not only gluten free, but vegan and low fat.  I did have to bake them longer than the package recommended, about 30 minutes. 
 

The toughest critics ranked the brownies top notch!  Ry said they were really, really good.  Si gave a thumbs up and polished off two of them.  Which is saying a lot considering she was recovering from the stomach bug. 

Thank you Poppa!

No comments:

Post a Comment